Saturday, March 04, 2006

Making money - DeLay Will Face Voters' Verdict This Week


DeLay Will Face Voters' Verdict This Week
Washington Post - 2 minutes ago
SUGAR LAND, Tex. -- Larry and Judy Deats live in the heart of Tom DeLay's congressional district and would appear to be part of the Republican faithful that have kept the former House majority leader in office for 22 years.Save to My Web

Report: Top city employees in Tucson earning more
KVOA Tucson - Mar 03 1:17 AM
The top earners on the City of Tucson's payroll are making more money than in recent years.Save to My Web

Suddenly, manure smells like money
Quad-City Times - Mar 03 11:02 PM
Rising fuel prices have pushed up the value of hog manure, making the unpleasant byproduct of hog production a bit more palatable.Save to My Web

Letters: Energy independence is a disaster in the making
CNN Money - Mar 03 8:04 AM
There's a belief in journalism that when you make both sides mad, you must have done something right. So I guess I can take some solace in being cursed as both a right-wing oil-company shill and a tax-and-spend liberal.Save to My Web

'I can eat, breathe, sleep. I ain't gonna pressurise my brother for money'
The Observer - Mar 04 4:23 PM
Leon and Michael Spinks both won Olympic gold and the world heavyweight title. One beat Ali, the other lost only to Mike Tyson. Now, while one brother lives in a luxury $5m house on America's East Coast, the other is a cleaner at a YMCA 1,000 miles away earning the minimum wage of $5.15 an hourSave to My Web

Taxing Times -- March 3
Market Watch - Mar 03 5:55 PM
When you're deep into Form 1040, wading through "qualifying this" and "offsetting that," it's easy to forget the tax code is more than just a system for separating you from your money. Tax law, like any law, often takes a moralistic stance.Save to My Web

Money deals raise concerns
Miami Herald - Mar 03 9:26 AM
Over three decades in politics, state Chief Financial Officer Tom Gallagher became a millionaire with the help of a Miami developer and a series of business deals that blurred the lines between his public duties and private finances.Save to My Web

Fast money
The Sunday Mail - Mar 04 6:18 AM
CARS don't come any more exclusive than the Pagani Zonda, the top-dollar exhibit at the Brisbane Motor Show. But even at $1.3 million it has already found a willing buyer, an anonymous Victorian.Save to My Web